900 Biscayne Bay Luxury Condo in Miami
July 12, 2009 by jimmarks
Rick and I visited 900 Biscayne Bay Condo and there are tons of positive and negative things I can say about the project but for the most part it will be positive.
The location is central and ideal if you like to be close to the action. You can actually see The Center for Performing Arts from the building, are almost in front of the American Airlines Arena, can walk to Bayside Marketplace, you have the Metro-mover right behind the building to take you to Downtown Miami and I-395 within a stone-throw away that takes you to Miami Beach.
The views are nothing short of spectacular and will never be blocked because of Museum Park right on the bay across from the building. We had the pleasure of seeing a few pent-houses as well as smaller units and lower floor units. My general opinion is that the bedrooms were small and sometimes the distribution a bit choppy, but I really liked the kitchens with European style cabinets, marble tops, Miele appliances and Subzero refrigerators.
When you are buying into any of the 4 side-by-side buildings which include: Ten Museum Park, Marina Blue, 900 Biscayne Bay or Marquis (currently under construction), you are buying for location and for the view. Any small flaws in design are compensated by the amazing views of Miami, Miami Beach and The Port of Miami.
The building was designed by Arquitect Luis Revuelta and to me it was very obvious because of the labyrinthian quality of the floorplans and common areas. The hallways are quite confusing when coming in and out of elevators, but will only experience that when going to the common areas.
The Interior Design and finishes done by Sam Robin are spectacular – for me to say I have nothing to critique is huge. I loved every material and method of execution used by Sam. The spaces are somber and elegant and leave no questions unanswered.
Something else to expect is that the extreme units will be close to the adjacent buildings, some of our customers would consider it too close for comfort, but that can be overcome by buying an inside unit with a straight view of Miami Beach and Biscayne Bay.
This is the description of the 900 Biscayne Bay by the developer:
The downtown Miami mixed-use development by Terra Group was designed by acclaimed architect Luis Revuelta. The building is a fusion of cutting-edge architectural design, state-of-the art technology and grand hotel-style amenities that is located in the heart of Miamis burgeoning museum and performing arts district on Biscayne Bay.
Architect Revuelta captured the bay views by angling the building and creating an undulating façade. Its unique architectural design is complemented by the vision of celebrated designer, Sam Robin, who has created a serene yet strong interior that will showcase modern art and design.
Building features are as follows:
- Private Elevators for select units
- 2 Main Pool Areas
- Garden Lounge and Observation Deck with exquisite views of Biscayne Bay
- Wet Bar
- Massage Rooms
- Jacuzzi, Steam, Sauna and Cool-Down Rooms
- Fitness Center featuring cardio equipment & free weights
- Residents Club
- Private Screening room
- Wireless access (WiFi) throughout the building
- Office, Retail and Commercial Space available
Unit size / features:
- 1 3+den Bedroom Units from 970 to 2,300 sq. ft.
- Penthouses from 2,700 to 3,800 sq. f
- Custom interior design packages available per unit
- Pre-wired units offering a variety of voice/data/television options
- Private terraces
- European style kitchens with stainless steel appliances, stone countertops and stone master baths
We visited PH 5901 (A line) – with 3,493 square feet under air conditioning, private elevator – 3 bedrooms plus a den and 4 and 1/2 bathrooms.
PH 5903 (B line) are 2,825 square feet, have 3 bedrooms and 3 and 1/2 bathrooms and start at $1,945,000 (Penthouses run from the 59th to the 63 floor)
We also visited tower unit 3301 (A line) also with private Elevator, 1,796 square feet under air conditioning – 2 bedrooms plus a den and 3 and 1/2 bathrooms. These units start at $772,000
The building also has town homes from the 5th to the 15th floor and Flats on the 3rd and 4th floors. They are 2 bedroom units plus a den with either 2 and 1/2 baths or 3 bathrooms and start at $682,000. Flats are on the 3rd and 4th floors with either 1 bedroom plus a den or 1 bedroom, 2 baths and the prices were not yet available.
Building features and residence conveniences include:
- 24-hour concierge available to assist with travel, dining and theatre arrangements
- 24-hour valet services
- Secured parking
- 3-story lobby of distinction created by Sam Robin
- State-of-the-art technology
- High speed Internet access available in units
- HDTV satellite outlets available in units
- Wireless Internet capabilities in all of the buildings common areas
- Staffed entry w/ 24-hour security staff w/ electronic observation and digital recording system
- High-speed elevators with secure key access
- Residents amenities spaces comprised of a pool deck lounge for relaxing, informal gatherings or hosting special events (serviced by a catering kitchen and bar), a “library” with sumptuous seating and original works of art, and a screening room with surround sound and seating accommodating for 50 guests
- Professional building management
- Concierge services
Retail and Offices
- Signature restaurant and outdoor café fronting Biscayne Boulevard
- Prime shops at Boulevard level
- Over 80,000 sq ft of prime office space with views of Biscayne Bay and the Performing Arts Center
Fitness Center, Spa and Pool Area
- Luxurious relaxation amenities with views of the pool terrace
- Yoga / aerobics area
- Men’s and women’s locker room, sauna and showers
- Advanced exercise / cardio equipment with computerized system allowing instant monitoring and tracking of performance
- Over 20,000 sq ft of recreation deck with views of the bay and the city
- 2 temperature-controlled pools
- Lush gardens
- Whirlpool spa
- Residents can choose from eleven floor plans for one, two or three bedroom spaces
- Private terraces
- Tinted, energy-efficient and impact-resistant sliding glass doors and windows
- Energy-efficient air conditioning and heating system
- Spacious walk-in closets
- European style kitchens with stainless steel appliances and stone countertops
- Stone master baths
- Subzero refrigerator
- Miele dishwasher
- Miele wall oven
- Miele cook top
- Eurotech washer/dryer
- Faber ventilation system
- Miele coffee maker for penthouse